BetMGM is one of the biggest players in online sports betting in the fast-growing U.S. market.
It is the product of a partnership between casino behemoth MGM Resorts International and another betting powerhouse in GVC Holdings. Together they operate as Roar Digital.
MGM Resorts International is globally known for its palatial casino properties in the U.S – notable the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Bellagio and Mandalay Bay are other jewels in a huge and powerful portfolio of facilities on The Strip.
Not only does the MGM Grand offer a luxurious betting experience, it also hosts huge sporting events – think boxing superfights featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr and UFC bouts featuring Conor McGregor.
Staging events like these is a tried and trusted method to attract big players to the building. The casino pays a huge site fee and stages the event on its property.
The BetMGM sportsbook app and website is live in a number of states now, and is promoted via a lavish ad campaign with Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx as the front man and ambassador.
The campaign featuring Foxx is called ‘The King of Sportsbooks’. Only you – armed with a ton of intel from OddsCritic of course – can decide if it’s true or not. Read on for more detail.
BetMGM online sportsbook
The betMGM sportsbook has a strong online presence. The number of states it is live in now totals into double figures.
Downloading the app and betting from your phone is by far the easiest way to get a piece of the sports gambling action. More on that next.
Where can I use the betMGM online sportsbook app?
The BetMGM online sportsbook – both mobile app and website – is available in a number of states now.
The process for downloading the BetMGM sportsbook app and registering an account is pretty simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the iOS app from the Apple app store
- Download the Android app from the betMGM website
- Register your account – you’ll need the following details:
Date of birth
Social security number
- Once you’ve entered all your details you will able to complete your account setup
- Now you can deposit funds into your account for the first time
- Once you have funds in your account, you can start to place bets
- Check out all the various sports and events you can bet on
- Once you make your pick you’ll need to enter how much you want to bet
- Once you’ll filled out your virtual betslip, you can now place your first bet
- Oh, and now you are eligible for a sweet signup bonus, courtesy of betMGM
- More on that signup bonus next…
NB: The detail in all states is pretty similar – you need to be inside state lines and above the legal gambling age to place bets. The only slight difference is in Nevada, where you need to register your account in-person at a casino.
BetMGM signup bonus: Risk-free bet up to $600
With the market still pretty immature right now, online bookmakers in the U.S. are desperate to grab early market share.
This is good news for you as they are all offering great signup bonuses to try and get your business.
The current promotional offer for new customers from betMGM is a risk-free bet up to $600.
All you need to do to claim the bonus is register for an account, deposit funds and place your first real-money bet of up to $600. If it loses, BetMGM will match it dollar-for-dollar as free bets.
Is betMGM safe and legit?
Absolutely, BetMGM is the result of a partnership between two enormous brands. Who between them have decades of experience in U.S. gambling.
As far as trusted operators go, you’d struggle to find a more well-known name.
Betting in person with betMGM at retail sportsbooks
Not surprisingly given its stellar Vegas portfolio of properties, there are plenty of places to enjoy the full sportsbook experience on The Strip and nearby.
BetMGM currently has sportsbooks at Bellagio, Aria, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Park MGM, The Mirage, New York-New York, Luxor and Excalibur.
Outside of Nevada, there are also a few other locations dotted around the country:
- MGM Grand Detroit, Detroit, MI 48226
- Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi, MS 39530
- Gold Strike Resort & Casino, Tunica Resorts, MS 38664
BetMGM customer services: how do I contact them?
There are a number of options for contacting customer support at BetMGM – it just isn’t easy to find them. This could be a much easier and less frustrating process.
Eventually you’ll find the following options:
- Phone: Call 1-609-248-9531
- Email: Details on the BetMGM website.
- Live Web Chat: 24/7 service