2022 is shaping up to be a stellar year for boxing – we have a ton of great fights already scheduled and we will have betting picks for every single marquee matchup.
The return of Canelo Alvarez and heavyweight blockbusters involving Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk are just part of a fascinating story for the fight game.
And we can but dream – maybe one day we’ll finally get Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr.
That’s the thing about boxing – it’s the hope that kills you. Always.
Boxing Betting Picks Tonight
Our Boxing Picks page carries regular fight previews and predictions for all the major shows on both sides of the Atlantic. As well as moneyline betting, we also major on Method of Victory, Round Betting and other props.
Our aim always is to find a way to win for you. Our goal is provide quality advice that brings dollars.
We are coming off a hot streak recently with our picks and here we go again!
David Benavidez vs David Lemieux: Predictions & Best Bets
Date: Saturday May 21, 2022
Venue: Gila River Arena, Glendale, Arizona
U.S. TV: Showtime
Ring Walks: 11pm ET/8pm Pacific
David Benavidez would be in a great position to land a life-changing title fight with Saul ‘Canelo Alvarez if he defeats David Lemieux for the vacant WBC interim super- middleweight title in Arizona this weekend.
Canelo is still weighing up his options after failing to dethrone WBA light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol, and Benavidez looks his biggest test if he moves back down to 168lbs.
Lemieux 43-4(36) is a puncher of note, but has not really mixed at elite level since being comprehensively outclassed by Billy Joe Saunders (losing on points) in 2017. He’s won five fights since that Saunders loss – including three by stoppage – but at 33 it looks like his best years are behind him.
Benavidez is quick and throws rapid-fire flurries. However unlike a lot of power punchers, his skills are fairly nuanced and he can fight going backwards and going forwards. Watch out also for his uppercut, a particularly destructive shot in his repertoire.
He is unbeaten but lost his WBC belt previously after a positive test for cocaine in 2018. Thankfully at the age of 25 he looks to be maturing and as his 25-0 (22) ledger suggests, he can really fight. Benavidez has advantages in height and reach and if he is 100% focused he can get Lemieux out of there after halfway.
OddsCritic Prediction & Best Bets
- David Benavidez to beat David Lemieux in Rounds 7-12 at +225 (FanDuel)
Joshua Buatsi vs Craig Richards: Predictions & Best Bets
Date: Saturday May 21, 2022
Venue: O2 Arena, London, England
U.S. TV: DAZN
Ring Walks: 5pm ET/2pm Pacific
In the UK on Saturday south Londoners Joshua Buatsi and Craig Richards meet at the O2. The pair grew up less than two miles from each other, so local bragging rights are also on the line in what looks a decent fight.
Unbeaten knockout artist Buatsi 15-0 (13) has been on a steady – if at times pedestrian – climb towards the elite after claiming Olympic bronze in 2016, and is a firm favorite here.
Buatsi vs Richards is a really good trade fight, with the former looking to launch himself on the world stage after this.
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ, IL, IA, NY||PointsBet||Risk-Free bets up to $2000|
|Multiple||BetMGM||First Bet Risk-Free up to $1000|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
Richards is 17-2 (10) and the standout name on his record is Dmitriy Bivol, who he lost to on points in Manchester in May 2021. He had his moments against Bivol, who has since gone on to topple P4P king Canelo Alvarez.
If Richards can get off to a fast start, be busy and make Buatsi chase the fight, he has a real shot. He has long levers and puts his shots together well.
Richards’ jab is the key to the whole fight. If he can’t land it with regularity it’s going to be Buatsi’s night. If he can, things will get really interesting real quick. The pick is for Buatsi, a puncher of note, to be given his toughest test to date and come through on points.
However Richards is a real danger so it may be worth hedging your bets and wagering on the fight to go the distance.
OddsCritic Prediction & Best Bets
- Joshua Buatsi vs Craig Richards to go the Distance at +155 (Caesars)
Boxing Tonight: Schedule
These are the major upcoming fights on the schedule. Not exhaustive, but the biggest shows:
- May 28: Gervonta Davis vs Rolando Romero (Brooklyn)
- June 5: George Kambosos Jr vs Devin Haney (Melbourne, Australia)
- June 11: Egar Berlanga vs Roamer Alexis Angulo (New York City)
- June 11: Daniel Dubois vs Trevor Bryan (Miami, Florida)
- June 18: Artur Beterbiev vs Joe Smith Jr (New York City)
- June 18: Jermall Charlo vs Maciej Sulecki (Houston, Texas)
- June 7: Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire 2 (Saitama, Japan)
- July 23: Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua 2 (date tbc)
- September 17: Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez vs Gennadiy ‘GGG’ Golovkin*
Boxing On TV
There are a ton of options for you when deciding how to watch your boxing and where:
- DAZN has a galaxy of stars on its roster – mainly under the promotional wing of cocky Brit Eddie Hearn and his Matchroom Boxing operation.
- Bob Arum’s Top Rank has its shows on ESPN and ESPN+. Arum of course also co-promotes Tyson Fury as well as a ton of other stars from the United States.
- Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) has the likes of Errol Spence Jr among many others and its shows generally air on either Showtime or FOX.
- Jake Paul has led the celebrity revolution in boxing – the YouTuber has done massive PPV numbers under the Triller Fight Club banner. He is expected to be out again this year and his MVP managerial brand now looks after the aforementioned Serrano among others.
Well we are a little biased but we think we have one of the best. Honest advice and up-to-date information. As for betting offers, several sportsbooks have great signup offers. Check out the latest.
Absolutely you can, but it’s not easy. It really pays to follow the fight game day in day out. A lot of the narratives that play out on media outlets and social media platforms give you vital clues as to what will happen on fight night.