2022 has been another stellar year for boxing and we have picks for all of the marquee matchups.
Canelo Alvarez, Tyson Fury, Oleksandr Usyk, Gervonta Davis, Ryan Garcia and co continue to captivate crowds, and they will all be back in 2023 for more huge fights. Hopefully including Fury vs Usyk and Tank vs Garcia.
And we can but dream – maybe one day we’ll finally get Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr.
That’s the thing about boxing – it’s the hope that kills you. Always.
Boxing Betting Picks Tonight
Our Boxing Picks page carries regular fight previews and predictions for all the major shows on both sides of the Atlantic. As well as moneyline betting, we also major on Method of Victory, Round Betting and other props.
Our aim always is to find a way to win for you. Our goal is provide quality advice that brings dollars.
Gervonta Davis vs Hector Luis Garcia
Date: Saturday January 7, 2023
Venue: Capital One Arena, Washington D.C.
U.S. TV: Showtime PPV ($74.99)
Ring Walks: 11pm Eastern Time, 8pm Pacific
Gervonta Davis, one of the most electrifying fighters in boxing, kicks off 2023 with a fight against Hector Luis Garcia on Saturday night in the nation’s capital.
‘Tank’ is 27-0 (25) and was last seen blitzing a game but limited Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero. Garcia is 16-0 (10) and looking to break into the big time.
Both men are southpaws, yet the feeling is while Garcia is ring-savvy he’s not an elite fighter and Davis could dazzle again on Showtime PPV (pricing $74.99).
Davis had risen up out of poverty and is no stranger to controversy outside of the ring (again in recent days), but the people in the ‘Tank’ Davis business know there’s a multi-million dollar PPV fight with Ryan Garcia set for April if he can go the job this weekend.
It could take him a few rounds, but once he finds his range look for the American to add another spectacular stoppage to his highlight reel. Take the Under on a line at 7.5 Rounds.
OddsCritic Boxing Picks for Saturday January 7, 2023
NB: Odds correct when picks made on Friday January 6, 2023
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ, IL, IA, NY, KS, LA||PointsBet||Risk-Free bets up to $2000|
|Multiple||BetMGM||First Bet Risk-Free up to $1000|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
Boxing Tonight: Schedule
These are the major upcoming fights on the schedule. Not exhaustive, but the biggest shows:
- December 10: Teofimo Lopez vs Jose Pedraza (New York)
- December 13: Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler (Tokyo, Japan)
- January 28: Artur Beterbiev vs Anthony Yarde (London, England)
- January 28: Jermell Charlo vs Tim Tszyu (tbc)
Boxing On TV
There are a ton of options for you when deciding how to watch your boxing and where:
- DAZN has a galaxy of stars on its roster – mainly under the promotional wing of cocky Brit Eddie Hearn and his Matchroom Boxing operation.
- Bob Arum’s Top Rank has its shows on ESPN and ESPN+. Arum of course also co-promotes Tyson Fury as well as a ton of other stars from the United States.
- Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) has the likes of Errol Spence Jr among many others and its shows generally air on either Showtime or FOX.
- Jake Paul has led the celebrity revolution in boxing – the YouTuber has done massive PPV numbers under the Triller Fight Club banner. He is expected to be out again this year and his MVP managerial brand now looks after the aforementioned Serrano among others.
Well we are a little biased but we think we have one of the best. Honest advice and up-to-date information. As for betting offers, several sportsbooks have great signup offers. Check out the latest.
Absolutely you can, but it’s not easy. It really pays to follow the fight game day in day out. A lot of the narratives that play out on media outlets and social media platforms give you vital clues as to what will happen on fight night.