PointsBet may not be the biggest player in the U.S. sports betting market yet – but it is growing fast.
Originally born in Australia, PointsBet is now live in a number of states in the union, and is attracting plenty of attention with a really interesting product and odds offering.
As well as conventional sports betting, it also has a unique concept called PointsBetting (more of that later) which gives bettors a totally different way to play. High risk but high reward!
PointsBet is also getting plenty of good publicity for its great offers and promotions which have been a real winner with bettors around the United States.
Finally for now, PointsBet has inked some pretty impressive partnership deals with high-profile sports franchises and personalities. Deals they’ve done include MLB”s Detroit Tigers, NBA’s Indiana Pacers and Denver Nuggets and the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche.
In January 2021, PointsBet made another move by signing up social media influencer and former pro golfer Paige Spiranac as a global brand ambassador. It had signed up NBA legend Allen Iverson and NFL great Darrelle Revis to help its initial U.S. launch back in 2018.
On top of all that, the sportsbook is now the official betting partner of broadcast behemoth NBS Sports. Pretty impressive work – and growth – so far.
PointsBet sportsbook app
The best way to utilize PointsBet’s unique product is by using its mobile app on your phone.
PointsBet has been around for a long time, not surprising then that its app is really good.
Here’s all you need to do to get the app on your phone and sign up:
- Download the iOS app from the Apple app store
- Download the Android app from the PointsBet website
- Once you have downloaded the app to your phone, you need to register
- This means you will need to input the following details including:
Date of birth
Social security number
- Once you’ve entered your details, you can now complete your registration
- Once you are registered, you need to deposit some funds into your account
- Now you have an account with cash in it, you can now look to place a bet
- Check out all the options for events and bets PointsBet is offering
- Choose the event and the selection you want – and how much you want to bet
- Now you can officially place your very first legal sports bet!
Where is PointsBet legal?
PointsBet is now fully legal and live in the following states:
New Jersey: Mobile only
You can use the mobile app and PointsBet website state-wide in NJ. But as of yet the brand does not have a land-based retail presence.
Iowa: Retail and mobile
You can use the PointsBet app and website in the state of Iowa.
The retail sportsbook is at:
- Catfish Bend Casino, Burlington, IA 52601
Indiana: Mobile only
As of yet you can use the mobile app and website in-state. But no retail venues for now.
Illinois: Retail and mobile
The full suite of options is available to PointsBet customers in Iillinois – starting with state-wide use of the website and mobile app.
The retail sportsbook meanwhile is at:
- Hawthorne Racecourse, Stickney, IL 60402
Colorado: Mobile only
The PointsBet app and website is available state-wide in CO.
Michigan: Retail and mobile
PointsBet was early to market when Michigan properly opened up for sports betting in January 2021. Its mobile app and website is available throughout MI.
It also has a land-based retail sportsbook at:
- Northern Waters Casino Resort, Watersmeet, MI 49969
PointsBet signup bonus offer
PointsBet may not be the biggest operator out there, but it has some pretty sweet signup bonus offers right now.
You can get two risk-free bets worth up to a crazy $2000.
- If your first fixed-odds bet loses, PointsBet will refund you up to a max of $500
- If your first PointsBetting bet loses, it will refund you up to a max of $1500
What is PointsBetting?
Okay, as PointsBetting is a big deal (and part of that juicy signup offer), we need to tell you exactly what it is. Basically it’s all about how much you win by or lose by.
So basically you can win big or lose big. Better be right with those picks!
Example Event: Lakers vs Mavericks in the NBA
Example Line: Over 220 total points
Example Wager: $10 Win
Example Result: Lakers win 126-121
So in this scenario the game ends with 247 points scored, 27 points above the line you bet on. So you win 27 x your stake of $10 = a total of $270.
Exciting and dangerous in equal measures. But a helluva lot of fun.
Our advice is to proceed with some caution – don’t go big into PointsBetting unless you can really afford it.
There is also a “stop loss” feature which means you can limit how much you might lose to a certain amount (it also limits the amount you could win too).
Is PointsBet legit?
Yes, absolutely, PointsBet is now fully licensed to operate in a number of U.S. states.
It may not be the biggest brand out there in America, but has a long and trusted history and a real savvy team behind it.
Customer service: How do I contact PointsBet?
Every self-respecting sportsbook needs good customer services.
Sports betting is a 24-7 business and players have issues which need resolving at all hours.
You can get in touch with PointsBet through the following channels:
- Email: Details on the PointsBet website
- Live Chat on the PointsBet website or app