El Clasico is never an easy fixture to work out predictions and picks for, but even more so this season because Real Madrid vs Barcelona features two pretty average teams right now.
Despite their failings, the two Spanish giants are still in the shake-up to win the La Liga championship ahead of their matchup Saturday at Alfredo di Stefano Stadium in Madrid (1500 ET/1200 PT on beIN Sport).
Real Madrid vs Barcelona preview
Both Real and Barca still trail Atletico Madrid in the standings, but the gap is much reduced from Christmas, with Barca now just a single point behind, with Real Madrid a further two back. The result Saturday will go a long way to deciding the fate of the championship.
Madrid’s injury crisis continues to overwhelm them; three of their starting defense – Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane – will almost certainly miss the clash, and while Barca had a free midweek, Madrid faced Liverpool in the Champions League (winning its first leg 3-1).
Barcelona is also by far the most impressive side, particularly in attack, where Ousmane Dembele, Antoine Griezmann and, of course, Lionel Messi, have been in blistering form. That trifecta will be testing a likely back four of Lucas Vazquez, Eder Militao, Nacho and Ferland Mendy.
Madrid can never be written off in these matches; it was a deserved winner at Camp Nou last year, but the fates of both sides have changed markedly since then and the momentum seems to be in Barca’s favour. Its worst performance in months came in Monday’s clash with Valladolid but it was still able to get the points – something that might not have happened even two months ago.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona stats
- Real Madrid is unbeaten in its last six games, and has won its last five
- Real has not failed to win since a 1-1 draw with city neighbor Atletico on March 7
- Barcelona has also won five of its last six, with the only blip a Champions League draw at PSG
- Real Madrid have met 181 times in La Liga, with Real leading in wins 74-72. There have been 35 draws
- Real won both meetings in 2020, 2-0 at home in March and then a 3-1 victory at Camp Nou in October
- Lionel Messi has scored 26 goals in 44 Clasico games, an average of a goal every 148 minutes
Real Madrid vs Barcelona odds
Barca, despite being the road team, is a slight favorite here at best odds of +150 with BetAmerica. Madrid meanwhile is best value at +200 with William Hill. Latest odds to win the game from the major online bookmakers are:
- DraftKings: +125 Barcelona, +185 Real Madrid, +290 Draw
- FanDuel: +125 Barcelona, +195 Real Madrid, +270 Draw
- Unibet: +125 Barcelona, +185 Real Madrid, +290 Draw
- William Hill: +115 Barcelona, +200 Real Madrid, +290 Draw
- FOX Bet: +120 Barcelona, +195 Real Madrid, +270 Draw
- BetMGM: +115 Barcelona, +190 Barcelona, +280 Draw
- 888Sport: +125 Barcelona, +185 Real Madrid, +290 Draw
- Borgata Sports: +115 Barcelona, +190 Real Madrid, +280 Draw
- PointsBet: +125 Barcelona, +185 Real Madrid, +275 Draw
- bet365: +120 Barcelona, +190 Real Madrid, +280 Draw
- SugarHouse: +125 Barcelona, +185 Real Madrid, +290 Draw
- BetAmerica: +150 Barcelona, +155 Real Madrid, +225 Draw
- Resorts: +125 Barcelona, +185 Real Madrid, +280 Draw
NB: All odds correct and updated at 0700 ET on April 7, 2021
For more on how betting odds work, read our simple guide.