2022 is yet another new start for the New York Football Giants and the odds look much more favorable after the Brian Daboll era began with a surprising 2-0 start.
Daboll started his reign as Big Blue’s fifth HC since the departure of Tom Coughlin with an excellent 21-20 win over the Titans in Nashville. They came out on top 21-20 in a smashmouth affair after trailing 13-0 at the half.
Next up the Giants returned to East Rutherford for their home opener vs Carolina, and just about saw off the Panthers 19-16 at MetLife Stadium. Next up is the hated Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football.
Let’s see what the online sportsbooks say about the Giants’ hopes of success in 2022 heading into Week 3.
Cowboys vs Giants Picks, Predictions & Best Bets
Daniel Jones has yet to crack 200 passing yards in a game in 2022, and we don’t expect him to reverse that trend Monday night.
Any hopes that the Daboll era would all of a sudden see Jones become the real deal on a consistent basis have been dashed so far. No dice.
The Giants offense looked pretty bad again in that win over Carolina, a week after Saquon Barkley had pretty much defeated the Titans single-handed.
This week Jones faces an up-and-coming Cowboys defense which maybe does not yet get the respect it deserves. LB Micah Parsons is the early favorite to be DPOY in 2022, and he leads a fearsome pass rush.
We expect Jones to struggle again, and New York to once again be forced to rely on whatever Barkley can produce on the ground.
We will also have a Cowboys/Giants same game parlay in our weekly NFL parlay picks – check back Monday.
OddsCritic Panthers vs Giants Picks & Predictions
NB: Odds correct when predictions made Friday September 23, 2022
Get 2 Free Bets up to $2000 on Panthers vs Giants with Second Chance
New customers only, NJ,NY,IA,IL – 21+.
New York Giants Super Bowl Odds
Online bookmakers don’t expect much from the G Men in 2022 after a miserable 4-13 season in 2021, but their expectations are growing week by week.
Big Blue was still a massive +13000 to win it all next February following that opening victory in Tennessee. Well, now it is down to just +7000 with DraftKings after following that up with a Week 2 win over Carolina.
What Odds are the Giants to win the NFC East?
New York is no longer the outsider of the four teams to win the East in 2022.
Big Blue opened the year at +850 but is now down to +550 odds (bet $100 to win $550), level second best with Monday’s opponent Dallas.
Philadelphia is a red-hot favorite to win the division after an impressive 2-0 start. The Eagles are @ the Washington Commanders on Sunday.
Latest NFC East odds are as follows:
- -200 Philadelphia Eagles (bet365, BetRivers)
- +550 Dallas Cowboys (Widely available)
- +550 New York Giants (Widely available)
- +1000 Washington Commanders (Widely available)
NB: Odds correct on September 23, 2022
How many wins for the Giants in 2022? Over-Under
Well at least sportsbooks expect New York to be better than it was in 2021. The Over/Under for Big Blue wins in 2022 was set at 7.5 before the season kicked off, and now it has risen to 8.5. It is -110 (bet $110 to win $100) whether you take the Under or the Over.
Giants to make the playoffs – what are the Odds?
New York is now just +125 with PointsBet to be in postseason play – pretty skinny in our view. All because it plays in a weak division in the NFC. It is -150 that Daboll’s team does not progress into the tournament next January.
New York Giants 2022 Schedule
We finally do have dates and kickoff times yet (or TV details) for the 2022 NFL schedule, and this is how it looks for your New York Giants:
- Week 1: Sept. 11: 21-20 at Tennessee, 4:25 p.m., FOX
- Week 2: Sept. 18: -19-16 vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 3: Sept. 26 – 16-23 vs. Cowboys, (Monday Night Football), 8:15 p.m., ESPN/ABC
- Week 4: Oct. 2 – vs. Bears, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 5: Oct. 9 – vs. Packers (London), 9:30 a.m., NFLN
- Week 6: Oct. 16 – vs. Ravens, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 7: Oct. 23 – at Jacksonville, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 8: Oct. 30 – at Seattle, 4:25 p.m., FOX
- Week 9: BYE
- Week 10: Nov. 13 – vs. Texans, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 11: Nov. 20 – vs. Lions, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 12: Nov. 24 – at Dallas (Thanksgiving), 4:25 p.m., FOX
- Week 13: Dec. 4 – vs. Commanders, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 14: Dec. 11 – vs. Eagles, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 15: Dec. 17 or 18 – at Washington, TBD
- Week 16: Dec. 24 – at Minnesota, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 17: Jan. 1 – vs. Colts, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 18: Jan. 7 or 8 – at Philadelphia, TBD
Giants Strength Of Schedule in 2022
Not surprisingly, playing in that woeful NFC East, the Giants have one of the easier schedules in 2022.
The strength of their schedule (based on the 2021 records of their 2022 opponents) is .465 – that’s 29th hardest in the league.
New York Giants Draft Picks in 2022
We already told you about those two first-round picks the Giants have – and they had 5 in the top 81 selections. The good news is Big Blue capitalized on that opportunity in a big way – particularly in Round 1 with Thibodeaux and Neal.
Here are details of who the Giants selected:
- Round 1: 5 overall – Kayvon Thibodeaux (DE, Oregon)
- Round 1: 7 overall – Evan Neal (OT, Alabama)
- Round 2: 43 overall – Wan’Dale Robinson (WR, Kentucky)
- Round 3: 67 overall – Joshua Ezeudu (OG, North Carolina)
- Round 3: 81 overall – Cordale Flott (CB, LSU)
- Round 4: 112 overall – Daniel Bellinger (TE, San Diego State)
- Round 4: 114 overall – Dane Belton (S, Iowa)
- Round 5: 146 overall – Micah McFadden (LB, Indiana)
- Round 5: 147 overall – D.J. Davidson (DT, Arizona State)
- Round 5: 173 overall – Marcus McKethan (OG, North Carolina)
- Round 6: 182 overall – Darrian Beavers (LB, Cincinnati)
New York is currently a 1-point underdog for their Week 3 showdown with the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football at MetLife Stadium (8.15pm Eastern, ESPN/ABC).
Define a chance, a chance to do what? If it’s a chance to be better than 2021 – absolutely they do. We love the Daboll hire. But if you’re talking challenging for the East and a playoff berth – that would be a huge call. Pretty much everything (again) rests with QB Daniel Jones and how the team can protect/support him.
Like we said, Big Blue is currently +10000 to win Super Bowl LVII – that means if you bet $100 and they do lift the Lombardi next year, you’d collect a cool $10,000. If you want the odds in fractions – the Giants are 100-1.
Great rivalry this one with so much history – and of course they will meet again twice in 2022. The first meeting – set for Monday Night Football on September 26 – has New York as a one-point favorite against backup Cowboy QB Cooper Rush, who is deputizing for the injured Dak Prescott.