It may have started in the UK way back in 1934, but William Hill is now a major player in the U.S. sports betting market.
The first UK player ever to be licensed in the state of Nevada, the brand operates more than 100 race and sports books in that one state alone.
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ, IL, IA, NY||PointsBet||Risk-Free bets up to $2000|
|Multiple||BetMGM||First Bet Risk-Free up to $1000|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
Now it is expanding its sportsbook empire into other states, with its app and website available in a number of jurisdictions now.
The power of William Hill is clear to everybody in the U.S. market – notably fellow behemoth Caesars. It agreed to pay $4billion to acquire William Hill with the mammoth deal finally concluded in April 2021.
Put those two big boys together and you have another huge partnership to take on the likes of FanDuel and DraftKings. Let battle commence…
William Hill sportsbook app
The quickest and easiest way to bet with William Hill is on their mobile app.
They have a really nice and simple product which is super-easy to use.
It’s pretty easy also to get signed up with them so you can start placing bets:
- Download the William Hill sportsbook iOS app from the App Store
- Get the android app from the William Hill website
- You will now need to enter the following information to register:
Date of birth
Social security number
- Now you are ready to complete the registration to set up your account
- Now your account is set up you need to deposit funds
- Now you can check out the sports and events available and make your first bet
- That first bet also gives you the chance to get a terrific signup bonus (details to follow)
Signup offers with William Hill sportsbook
All online bookmakers in the U.S. want your custom – the Gold Rush is on.
This means opportunity for you as they all have great signup offers – William Hill is no different.
The current signup bonus offer from William Hill is a risk-free bet up to $500.
To get this offer, just sign up and make your first real-money bet. If it loses, you’ll get your stake back as a free bet – up to $500.
Is the William Hill sportsbook app safe?
Absolutely, the William Hill sportsbook app is every bit as safe as the other major players.
The brand has a long and trusted history outside of the U.S. and the company is now joined at the hip with Caesars.
So you should have no worries about signing up with William Hill to use its app. When you do sign up, always check terms and conditions for the various odds and bets sportsbooks offer. They can differ.
Where is William Hill sportsbook live?
Like we already said, William Hill has been running retail race and sportsbooks in the U.S. since 2011. So plenty of experience in the biggest market of all.
It’s now operating legally in a number of states and jurisdictions, with a ton of options for wannabe bettors:
Colorado: Retail and mobile
You can bet online with William Hill in the state of Colorado – just sign up via the website or app.
There are a couple of retail sportsbooks in CO for William Hill:
- Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk, Black Hawk, CO 80422
- Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk, Black Hawk, CO 80422
District of Columbia (DC): Retail and mobile
Full suite of mobile and online options available to new and existing customers.
There is also a William retail sportsbook available:
- Capital One Arena Box Office, Washington DC 20004
Illinois: Retail and mobile
Once again you can bet on the William Hill app from anywhere within state lines.
There is also a retail sportsbook in the state:
- Grand Victoria Casino, Elgin, IL 60120
Indiana: Retail and mobile
The William Hill website and mobile app is open for business in the state of Indiana.
There are also several retail sportsbook options if you want the full experience:
- Caesars Southern Indiana, Elizabeth, IN 47117
- Horseshoe Hammond, Hammond, IN 46320
- Tropicana Evansville, Evansville, IN 47708
- Winner’s Circle Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Winner’s Circle Clarksville, Clarksville, IN 47129
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, Anderson, IN 46013
NB: Caesars/William Hill is set to increase its strength in IN, having signed a multi-year partnership with the local NFL franchise the Indianapolis Colts.
Iowa: Retail and mobile
Once again all options are available in IA – starting with the mobile app and website.
There are a number of retail sportsbooks carrying the William Hill brand in Iowa:
- Horseshoe Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, IA 51501
- Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, Bettendorf, IA 52722
- Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, Waterloo, IA 50701
- Lakeside Hotel Casino, Osceola, IA 50213
- Prairie Meadows Casino, Racetrack & Hotel, Altoona, IA 50009
Michigan: Retail and mobile
Yet again, all the options are there – online and mobile plus betting in person.
The William Hill retail sportsbooks in-state are:
- Turtle Creek Casino, Williamsburg, MI 49690
- Leelanau Sands Casino and Lodge, Peshawbestown, MI 49682
Mississippi: Retail only
Mobile betting is not yet allowed in MS, so it’s land and water-based sportsbooks only:
- Island View Casino Resort, Gulfport, MS 39501
- Palace Casino Resort, Biloxi, MS 39530
- Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, Biloxi, MS 39531
NB: There are other William Hill sportsbook locations in MS which are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ll keep you regularly updated on that ever-changing story.
Nevada: Retail and mobile
Where William Hill first made its name Stateside. As well as the website and mobile app, there are more than 100 retail race and sportsbooks run by William Hill in-state.
New Jersey: Retail and mobile
NJ offers all the options – no wonder its handle is the strongest in the country.
As well as mobile and web, William Hill has retail sportsbooks in-state too:
- Caesars Atlantic City, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Monmouth Park, Oceanport, NJ 07757
- Ocean Casino Resort, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Tropicana Atlantic City, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
New Mexico: Retail only
Online and mobile betting is not legal in NM, so tribal retail options only for now:
- Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino, Mescalero, NM 88340
Pennsylvania: Retail only
Despite PA being a big player in sports betting, William Hill does not offer mobile betting there yet. Though that is expected to change soon. We’ll keep you posted.
For now the only WH option in PA is a retail sportsbook:
- Harrah’s Philadelphia, Chester, PA 19013
Rhode Island: Provider for retail and mobile
Strange on this – William Hill is the power behind the throne in RI. But it is not the front man.
WH powers the only mobile product in the state, which is run by the Rhode Island state lottery. So you can’t actually use the William Hill app in the state, but you can get a similar experience.
The brand also powers the sportsbooks at a couple of retail locations:
- Twin River Casino Hotel, Lincoln, RI 02865
- Tiverton Casino Hotel, Tiverton, RI 02878
Virginia: Mobile only
Pretty new off the rank as the state has only just legalized sports betting.
William Hill has launched its website and mobile app in-state. But as yet no retail options.
West Virginia: Retail and mobile
WV does offer the full suite of William Hill options, starting with mobile app and website.
It also has a retail sportsbook in-state if you want to bet in person:
- Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, New Cumberland, WV 26047
How can I contact William Hill sportsbook?
As one of the biggest players in the U.S. sportsbook explosion, you’d expect William Hill to have a good customer support system. And so they do – you can contact them to make sure your betting experience is a good one:
- By phone: (855 754 1200)
- By email – details on the website
- By live webchat – again head for the William Hill website
For full details, visit your local William Hill website and click on the “Contact Us” link at the very bottom of the page. This will give you localized options for email and webchat.