The NFL Rookie Of The Year odds provided a terrific subplot to the 2021 season and we have all the odds and intel for you as we head deeper into the 2022 campaign.
2021 ended with Cincinnati Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase coming on strong right at the death to pip New England QB Mac Jones to the coveted award during Super Bowl LVI week in Los Angeles.
Get 5 x $100 Free Bets!
New customers only, participating states, 21+
The Defensive Rookie Of The Year award was never really in doubt from Week 1 as preseason favorite Micah Parsons led from gun to tape. The brilliant Dallas Cowboys rookie LB racked up 13 sacks in a sensational first year in the pros.
NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds
Terrific New York Jets WR Garrett Wilson is pretty much emulating what Ja’Marr Chase did down the stretch in 2021, coming on strong late in the season to take over at the head of this Futures line.
Garrett is now -220 favorite (bet $220 to win $100) after another stellar effort in Week 15. He caught 4 balls for 98 yards in a losing effort against the Detroit Lions. He is way clear of Green Bay WR Christian Watson and Seattle RB Kenneth Walker – who are both +800 shots (bet $100 to win $800).
Silky smooth Saints wideout Chris Olave comes next on +1200, followed by battering ram Commanders RB Brian Robinson JR on +2000. Talented Kansas City RB Isiah Pacheco is trying to make a late bid for the award, and he is now in to +3000. Right now though this appears to be Garrett Wilson’s to lose.
The latest odds are:
- -220 Garrett Wilson (WR, New York Jets)
- +800 Kenneth Walker III (RB, Seattle Seahawks)
- +800 Christian Watson (WR, Green Bay Packers)
- +1200 Chris Olave (RB, New Orleans Saints)
- +2000 Brian Robinson Jr (RB, Washington Commanders)
- +3000 Isiah Pacheco (RB, Kansas City Chiefs)
NB: Odds correct December 20, 2022
NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds
Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner – another stellar member of that sensational 2022 Jets draft class – remains a firm favorite to become Defensive Rookie of the Year.
‘Sauce’ is a -550 market leader after the Jets lost to Detroit, while Lions DE Aidan Hutchinson remains his nearest rival at +600. Seattle Tariq Woolen is next at +900 in what appears to be a three-horse race right now.
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
The latest odds to be Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2022 are:
- -550 Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner (CB, New York Jets)
- +600 Aidan Hutchinson (DE, Detroit Lions)
- +900 Tariq Woolen (CB, Seattle Seahawks)
NB: Odds correct December 20, 2022
Who was NFL Rookie of the Year in 2021?
Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase took the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award while Dallas LB Micah Parsons was the Defensive Rookie Of The Year.
Who has won Rookie Of The Year?
The last 10 winners of each award are as follows:
Offensive Rookie Of The Year
- 2021: Ja’Marr Chase (WR, Cincinnati Bengals)
- 2020: Justin Herbert (QB, Los Angeles Chargers)
- 2019: Kyler Murray (QB, Arizona Cardinals)
- 2018: Saquon Barkley (RB, New York Giants)
- 2017: Alvin Kamara (RB, New Orleans Saints)
- 2016: Dak Prescott (QB, Dallas Cowboys)
- 2015: Todd Gurley (RB, St Louis Rams)
- 2014: Odell Beckham JR (WR, New York Giants)
- 2013: Eddie Lacy (RB, Green Bay Packers)
- 2012: Robert Griffin III (QB, Washington Commanders)
Defensive Rookie Of The Year
- 2021: Micah Parsons (LB, Dallas Cowboys)
- 2020: Chase Young (DE, Washington Commanders)
- 2019: Nick Bosa (DE, San Francisco 49ers)
- 2018: Darius Leonard (LB, Indianapolis Colts)
- 2017: Marshon Lattimore (CB, New Orleans Saints)
- 2016: Joey Bosa (DE, San Diego Chargers)
- 2015: Marcus Peters (CB, Kansas City Chiefs)
- 2014: Aaron Donald (DT, St Louis Rams)
- 2013: Sheldon Richardson (DE, New York Jets)
- 2012: Luke Kuechly (LB, Carolina Panthers)
How do NFL odds work?
Pretty simple for the Rookie of the Year lines. If you bet a player and he is, say +450, you’ll win $450 for every $100 you bet.
If your pick has a minus number – say -200 – then you’ll win $100 for every $200 you bet.
Who chooses the winners?
The awards are chosen by a panel of 50 experts from the Associated Press (AP), who regularly cover the league. So no fan votes or crazy decisions. If you’re betting, console yourself with the fact that a lot of thought does go into it.
When are the NFL Rookie Of The Year results announced?
The award is now part of the NFL’s big Honors ceremony, which takes place during Super Bowl Week.
The next ceremony to announce the 2022 winner will take place on Thursday February 9, 2023, with a start time of 9pm Eastern Time/8pm Central Time/6pm Pacific Time.
Watch the announcement on TV
The Awards Ceremony will be televised nationally and live on Thursday February 9, 2023. It will be simulcast on NFL Network.