The NFL Rookie Of The Year odds provided a terrific subplot to the 2021 season.
It ended with Cincinnati Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase coming on strong right at the death to pip New England QB Mac Jones to the coveted award during Super Bowl LVI week in Los Angeles.
The signature performance which probably clinched the gong came in Week 17 for Chase, as he caught 11 (ELEVEN) passes from his former college BFF and 2021 Comeback Player of The Year Joe Burrow for 266 yards and three touchdowns as the Bengals came from behind to stun KC 34-31. That clinched the AFC North title for Cincy.
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
Jones meanwhile finished the season with a whimper after being terrific during a seven-game Pats win streak following a 2-4 start to 2021.
The Defensive Rookie Of The Year award was never really in doubt from Week 1 as preseason favorite Micah Parsons led from gun to tape. The brilliant Dallas rookie LB racked up 13 sacks in a sensational first year in the pros.
NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds
We now have odds for the Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2022, and even though this is the weakest QB class in memory we still have a signal caller leading the way.
Kenny Pickett of Pitt leads the line so far at +500 (bet $100 to win $500) after he was the only QB taken in Round 1 of the Draft – at 20 by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Next behind him are four skill position players all bracketed on +800 – USC WR Drake London (Atlanta Falcons), Iowa State RB Breece Hall (New York Jets), North Dakota State wideout Christian Watson – now of the Green Bay Packers – and Arkansas pass catcher Treylon Burks (Tennessee Titans).
Then we have New Orleans Saints WR Chris Olave at +1000 – the same odds as Jets WR Garrett Wilson. Seattle RB Kenneth Walker III is also at +1000 – he should get plenty of work as a rookie given the QB situation in the Pacific Northwest.
The latest odds are:
- +500 Kenny Pickett (QB, Pittsburgh Steers) Widely Available
- +800 Breece Hall (RB, New York Jets) DraftKings, FanDuel
- +800 Christian Watson (WR, Green Bay Packers) Widely available
- +800 Drake London (WR, Atlanta Falcons) DraftKings
- +800 Treylon Burks (WR, Tennessee Titans) Widely available
- +1000 Chris Olave (WR, New Orleans Saints) DraftKings, FanDuel
- +1000 Garrett Wilson (WR, New York Jets) DraftKings, FanDuel
- +1000 Kenneth Walker III (RB, Seattle Seahawks FanDuel
- +1100 Skyy Moore (WR, Kansas City Chiefs) FanDuel
- +1400 Jameson Williams (WR, Detroit Lions) DraftKings
- +1600 Desmond Ridder (QB, Atlanta Falcons) SugarHouse, Unibet
- +1600 James Cook (RB, Buffalo Bills) FanDuel
NB: Odds correct June 17, 2022
NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds
Again it is pretty tight in the early line, with Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson leading the way at +550 after being taken at #2 overall by his home state Detroit Lions. He is just ahead of another edge rusher in the shape of Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux.
Thibodeaux – taken at #5 overall by the New York Giants – is a +600 shot (bet $100 to win $600) to be the most impressive defensive player in his first year in pro football.
The man eventually taken #1 overall – the freakishly talented Georgia edge Travon Walker – is coming in for a ton of support since the Draft. The new Jacksonville Jaguar was +1100 right after Round 1, but he’s now down to just +900.
After Walker comes another Jacksonville Jaguar in the shape of former Utah LB Devin Lloyd. Consensus the best at his position in the 2022 class, he’s a +900 chance. Right behind him is another potential generational talent – safety Kyle Hamilton, now of the Baltimore Ravens.
There were two cornerbacks taken in the top 4 selections overall, and they are both +1000 shots to be Defensive Rookie of the Year. Derek Stingley Jr was taken by the Houston Texans at #3 with Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner going to the New York Jets one pick later.
Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton, now of the Baltimore Ravens, is +1400 while another Jet – Florida State DE Jermaine Johnson – is +1600.
The latest odds to be Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2022 are:
- +550 Aidan Hutchinson (DE, Detroit Lions) SugarHouse, Unibet
- +600 Kayvon Thibodeaux (DE, New York Giants) SugarHouse, Unibet
- +900 Travon Walker (DE, Jacksonville Jaguars) SugarHouse, Unibet
- +900 Devin Lloyd (LB, Jacksonville Jaguars) SugarHouse, Unibet
- +1000 Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner (CB, New York Jets) Widely available
- +1000 Derek Stingley Jr (CB, Houston Texans) FanDuel
- +1100 Kyle Hamilton (S, Baltimore Ravens) Widely available
- +1400 Jermaine Johnson (DE, New York Jets) SugarHouse, Unibet
- +1500 Devin Llloyd (LB, Jacksonville Jaguars) FOX Bet
- +1600 Jordan Davis (DT, Philadelphia Eagles) BetMGM, Borgata
- +1800 Nakobe Dean (LB, Philadelphia Eagles) Caesars
- +1600 Nakobe Dean (LB, Philadelphia Eagles) SugarHouse, Unibet
NB: Odds correct June 17, 2022
Who was NFL Rookie of the Year in 2021?
Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase took the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award while Dallas LB Micah Parsons was the Defensive Rookie Of The Year.
Who has won Rookie Of The Year?
The last 10 winners of each award are as follows:
Offensive Rookie Of The Year
- 2021: Ja’Marr Chase (WR, Cincinnati Bengals)
- 2020: Justin Herbert (QB, Los Angeles Chargers)
- 2019: Kyler Murray (QB, Arizona Cardinals)
- 2018: Saquon Barkley (RB, New York Giants)
- 2017: Alvin Kamara (RB, New Orleans Saints)
- 2016: Dak Prescott (QB, Dallas Cowboys)
- 2015: Todd Gurley (RB, St Louis Rams)
- 2014: Odell Beckham JR (WR, New York Giants)
- 2013: Eddie Lacy (RB, Green Bay Packers)
- 2012: Robert Griffin III (QB, Washington Commanders)
Defensive Rookie Of The Year
- 2021: Micah Parsons (LB, Dallas Cowboys)
- 2020: Chase Young (DE, Washington Commanders)
- 2019: Nick Bosa (DE, San Francisco 49ers)
- 2018: Darius Leonard (LB, Indianapolis Colts)
- 2017: Marshon Lattimore (CB, New Orleans Saints)
- 2016: Joey Bosa (DE, San Diego Chargers)
- 2015: Marcus Peters (CB, Kansas City Chiefs)
- 2014: Aaron Donald (DT, St Louis Rams)
- 2013: Sheldon Richardson (DE, New York Jets)
- 2012: Luke Kuechly (LB, Carolina Panthers)
How do NFL odds work?
Pretty simple for the Rookie of the Year lines. If you bet a player and he is, say +450, you’ll win $450 for every $100 you bet.
If your pick has a minus number – say -200 – then you’ll win $100 for every $200 you bet.
Who chooses the winners?
The awards are chosen by a panel of 50 experts from the Associated Press (AP), who regularly cover the league. So no fan votes or crazy decisions. If you’re betting, console yourself with the fact that a lot of thought does go into it.
When are the NFL Rookie Of The Year results announced?
The award is now part of the NFL’s big Honors ceremony, which takes place during Super Bowl Week.
The next ceremony to announce the 2022 winner will take place on Thursday February 9, 2023, with a start time of 9pm Eastern Time/8pm Central Time/6pm Pacific Time.
Watch the announcement on TV
The Awards Ceremony will be televised nationally and live on Thursday February 9, 2023. It will be simulcast on NFL Network.