The NFL Rookie Of The Year odds provided a terrific subplot to the 2021 season and we have all the odds and intel for you as we head deeper into the 2022 campaign.
2021 ended with Cincinnati Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase coming on strong right at the death to pip New England QB Mac Jones to the coveted award during Super Bowl LVI week in Los Angeles.
Get 5 x $100 Free Bets!
New customers only, participating states, 21+
The Defensive Rookie Of The Year award was never really in doubt from Week 1 as preseason favorite Micah Parsons led from gun to tape. The brilliant Dallas Cowboys rookie LB racked up 13 sacks in a sensational first year in the pros.
NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds
Seattle Seahawks RB Kenneth Walker III remains a firm favorite to win Offensive Rookie of the Year, despite hitting a barren spell in the backfield. Walker found the endzone twice in a 40-34 overtime loss to the Raiders, but managed just 26 yards on 14 carries.
Walker’s odds still shortened after that to -165 as Houston Texans RB Dameon Pierce went right out from +400 to +1100 after racking up just 8 yards on 5 carries in a loss to the Dolphins in Miami. He then left the game with a shoulder injury.
The new second favorite to be Offensive Rookie of the Year is New Orleans Saints WR Chris Olave, who caught another 5 passes for 62 in a disappointing 13-0 shutout loss in San Francisco.
We have another two rookie WRs next after impressive performances on Sunday – Garrett Wilson of the New York Jets at +900 and jet-heeled Green Bay wideout Christian Watson at +1000.
The latest odds are:
- -135 Kenneth Walker III (RB, Seattle Seahawks)
- +600 Chris Olave (WR, New Orleans Saints)
- +900 Garrett Wilson (WR, New York Jets)
- +1000 Christian Watson (WR, Green Bay Packers)
- +1100 Dameon Pierce (RB, Houston Texans)
NB: Odds correct November 29, 2022
NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds
Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner is an even stronger favorite for this award after he was part of a terrific New York Jets defensive effort in Sunday’s 31-10 win over the Chicago Bears at MetLife. He is now -300 to win Defensive Rookie of the Year (bet $300 to win $100).
Sauce’s nearest rival is another rookie CB in the shape of surprising Seattle star Tariq Woolen. He is +500 after the Seahawks lost 40-34 at home to the Raiders. Next comes Detroit Lions DE Aidan Hutchinson (+800).
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
The latest odds to be Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2022 are:
- -300 Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner (CB, New York Jets)
- +500 Tariq Woolen (CB, Seattle Seahawks)
- +800 Aidan Hutchinson (DE, Detroit Lions)
NB: Odds correct November 29, 2022
Who was NFL Rookie of the Year in 2021?
Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase took the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award while Dallas LB Micah Parsons was the Defensive Rookie Of The Year.
Who has won Rookie Of The Year?
The last 10 winners of each award are as follows:
Offensive Rookie Of The Year
- 2021: Ja’Marr Chase (WR, Cincinnati Bengals)
- 2020: Justin Herbert (QB, Los Angeles Chargers)
- 2019: Kyler Murray (QB, Arizona Cardinals)
- 2018: Saquon Barkley (RB, New York Giants)
- 2017: Alvin Kamara (RB, New Orleans Saints)
- 2016: Dak Prescott (QB, Dallas Cowboys)
- 2015: Todd Gurley (RB, St Louis Rams)
- 2014: Odell Beckham JR (WR, New York Giants)
- 2013: Eddie Lacy (RB, Green Bay Packers)
- 2012: Robert Griffin III (QB, Washington Commanders)
Defensive Rookie Of The Year
- 2021: Micah Parsons (LB, Dallas Cowboys)
- 2020: Chase Young (DE, Washington Commanders)
- 2019: Nick Bosa (DE, San Francisco 49ers)
- 2018: Darius Leonard (LB, Indianapolis Colts)
- 2017: Marshon Lattimore (CB, New Orleans Saints)
- 2016: Joey Bosa (DE, San Diego Chargers)
- 2015: Marcus Peters (CB, Kansas City Chiefs)
- 2014: Aaron Donald (DT, St Louis Rams)
- 2013: Sheldon Richardson (DE, New York Jets)
- 2012: Luke Kuechly (LB, Carolina Panthers)
How do NFL odds work?
Pretty simple for the Rookie of the Year lines. If you bet a player and he is, say +450, you’ll win $450 for every $100 you bet.
If your pick has a minus number – say -200 – then you’ll win $100 for every $200 you bet.
Who chooses the winners?
The awards are chosen by a panel of 50 experts from the Associated Press (AP), who regularly cover the league. So no fan votes or crazy decisions. If you’re betting, console yourself with the fact that a lot of thought does go into it.
When are the NFL Rookie Of The Year results announced?
The award is now part of the NFL’s big Honors ceremony, which takes place during Super Bowl Week.
The next ceremony to announce the 2022 winner will take place on Thursday February 9, 2023, with a start time of 9pm Eastern Time/8pm Central Time/6pm Pacific Time.
Watch the announcement on TV
The Awards Ceremony will be televised nationally and live on Thursday February 9, 2023. It will be simulcast on NFL Network.