No surprises here, but Phil Mickelson is the people’s choice in public betting for the US Open golf, which tees off Thursday at Torrey Pines.
‘Lefty’ rolled back the years last month to become the oldest man to win a Major at aged 50 when he defied odds of +30000 at the PGA Championship.
There are no fancy odds like that this time – Phil is +7000 with bet365 and PointsBet but no bigger.
PointsBet has shared its latest public figures and Mickelson leads the way when it comes to the sheer weight of bets placed. More people have bet him than anybody else.
US Open public betting – bet count
As stated, Mickelson leads the way and the latest numbers from PointsBet are as follows:
- 5.25% Phil Mickelson
- 4.82% Xander Schauffele
- 4.42% Jon Rahm
- 4.34% Tony Finau
- 4.03% Brooks Koepka
US Open public betting – handle
When it comes to the amount of dollars wagered on each player, a very different story.
Rahm is the tournament money line favorite at +1000 and the big hitters are clearly coming in for him.
Current PointsBet figures for bets by handle are as follows:
- 10.79% Jon Rahm
- 7.17% Xander Schauffele
- 6.45% Tony Finau
- 5.37% Phil Mickelson
- 4.90% Viktor Hovland
US Open Golf Money Line Odds
As stated, Rahm heads the betting to win the 2021 US Open, and he is a very clear favorite:
- +1000 Jon Rahm (widely available)
- +1800 Brooks Koepka (widely available)
- +1800 Bryson Dechambeau (widely available)
- +1800 Dustin Johnson (William Hill, Resorts)
- +1800 Xander Schauffele (widely avaialble)
- +2000 Rory McIIroy (widely available)
- +2300 Jordan Spieth (FanDuel)
- +2500 Collin Morikawa (William Hill, PointsBet)
- +2500 Justin Thomas (PointsBet, Resorts)
- +2500 Viktor Hovland (widely available)
- +2800 Patrick Cantlay (PointsBet, Resorts)
- +2800 Tony Finau (William Hill, bet365)
- +2900 Patrick Reed (FanDuel)
NB: Odds correct at 0400 ET on Thursday June 17, 2021