The NFL Coach Of The Year odds for 2022 are out, and Chargers HC Brandon Staley again heads the early betting.
Staley was favorite when the odds came out in 2021, but didn’t get close to winning the award as his supremely talented team missed out on a postseason berth in that heartbreaking loss to Las Vegas in Week 18.
Instead it was Tennessee’s Mike Vrabel who was voted Coach Of The Year in 2021 as his team overcame a horrific slew of injuries to win the AFC South title and win the top seed in the AFC. Vrabel posted 36 of the 50 votes in the AP poll to win the award by a landslide. Next best was Green Bay’s Matt LaFleur with eight votes.
|State||Sportsbook/Casino||Special Signup Bonus Offer|
|NJ, IL, IA, NY||PointsBet||Risk-Free bets up to $2000|
|Multiple||BetMGM||First Bet Risk-Free up to $1000|
|NJ||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NJ||Unibet Casino||$10 free + $500 bonus on first deposit|
|IA||Unibet||$250 Risk-Free Bet|
|NY||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|NJ||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|IL||BetRivers||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
|CT||SugarHouse||Bonus Matched Deposit up to $250|
Behind Staley (+1500 or bet $100 to win $1500) we have Denver new boy Nathaniel Hackett at +1700. Then it’s Giants rookie Brian Daboll, Vikes hire Kevin O’Connell and Indy’s Frank Reich on +2000.
Also on +2000 are 49ers genius Kyle Shanahan and his protege Mike McDaniel – now with Miami. Vegas new boy Josh McDaniels is +2200 with his old boss Bill Belichick on +2500.
If you like a repeat of the 2021 results, then Tennessee Titans HC Mike Vrabel is currently sitting at +2500.
Latest odds to be NFL Coach Of The Year
As you can see from the fact Staley heads the line at +1200 this is about the most open betting market you could wish to find. Literally everybody is good odds. Here are the latest odds:
- +1500 Brandon Staley (Los Angeles Chargers)
- +1700 Nathaniel Hackett (Denver Broncos)
- +2000 Brian Daboll (New York Giants)
- +2000 Frank Reich (Indianapolis Colts)
- +2000 Kevin O’Connell (Minnesota Vikings)
- +2000 Kyle Shanahan (San Francisco 49ers)
- +2000 Mike McDaniel (Miami Dolphins)
- +2200 Josh McDaniels (Las Vegas Raiders)
- +2500 Bill Belichick (New England Patriots)
- +2500 Dan Campbell (Detroit Lions)
- +2500 Doug Pederson (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- +2500 John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens)
- +2500 Kevin Stefanski (Cleveland Browns)
- +2500 Matt LaFleur (Green Bay Packers)
- +2500 Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans)
- +2500 Sean McVay (Los Angeles Rams)
- +2500 Nick Sirianni (Philadelphia Eagles)
- +2500 Zac Taylor (Cincinnati Bengals)
- +3000 Dennis Allen (New Orleans Saints)
- +3000 Sean McDermott (Buffalo Bills)
- +3000 Kliff Kingsbury (Arizona Cardinals)
- +3000 Todd Bowles (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
- +3300 Ron Rivera (Washington Commanders)
- +3500 Andy Reid (Kansas City Chiefs)
- +3500 Robert Saleh (New York Jets)
- +4000 Matt Rhule (Carolina Panthers)
- +4000 Matt Eberflus (Chicago Bears)
- +4000 Mike McCarthy (Dallas Cowboys)
- +5000 Arthur Smith (Atlanta Falcons)
- +5000 Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- +6600 Pete Carroll (Seattle Seahawks)
- +6600 Lovie Smith (Houston Texans)
NB: All odds correct May 28, 2022
Who won NFL Coach Of The Year?
It pays to look at who won the award in recent years – it can give vital clues to key trends and patterns. The last 10 winners of NFL Coach Of The Year were:
- 2021: Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans)
- 2020: Kevin Stefanski (Cleveland Browns)
- 2019: John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens)
- 2018: Matt Nagy (Chicago Bears)
- 2017: Sean McVay (Los Angeles Rams)
- 2016: Jason Garrett (Dallas Cowboys)
- 2015: Ron Rivera (Carolina Panthers)
- 2014: Bruce Arians (Arizona Cardinals)
- 2013: Ron Rivera (Carolina Panthers)
- 2012: Bruce Arians (Indianapolis Colts)
If you do like the chances of Vrabel repeating, it’s worth noting that you have to go back to 1983 for the last time a coach won the award two straight years. That was when Joe Gibbs of Washington claimed the prize.
Don Shula has more Coach Of The Year awards than any other man with four in total, followed by Chuck Knox and Bill Belichick on three. Other multiple winners include Allie Sherman, George Halas, George Allen, Gibbs, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, Ron Rivera and Bruce Arians.
When is NFL Coach Of The Year decided?
One important thing you show know here – the post-season is irrelevant in voting for Coach Of The Year. It is based only on regular-season play.
You’ll also note that none of the last 10 winners of the award have gone on to win the Super Bowl that year. You have to go back to Belichick in 2003 for the last time that happened.
When is the award announced?
The award is now part of the NFL’s big Honors ceremony, which takes place during Super Bowl Week.
The next ceremony to announce the 2022 winner will likely take place Thursday February 9, 2023 in Glendale Arizona – three days out from Super Bowl LVII. The start time will likely be 9pm ET/6pm Pacific.
How to watch on TV
The Awards/Honors Ceremony will likely be televised by FOX, which has the rights to Super Bowl LVII. It will be simulcast on NFL Network.
Right now it is Brandon Staley of the Los Angeles Chargers at +1200, but it is a wide open betting line.